Du må være registrert og logget inn for å kunne legge ut innlegg på freak.no
X
LOGG INN
... eller du kan registrere deg nå
Dette nettstedet er avhengig av annonseinntekter for å holde driften og videre utvikling igang. Vi liker ikke reklame heller, men alternativene er ikke mange. Vær snill å vurder å slå av annonseblokkering, eller å abonnere på en reklamefri utgave av nettstedet.
  11 3685
Hi guys!

First of all, I’ll say that this is really a great forum! Then second, I’m writing in English because Norwegian ain't quite my style…

The reason for this thread is my urge to show you guys this extraordinary project I had a couple of months ago. My five channel electric ignition suitcase… I’ll just let the pics talk for themselves.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4679/connectors.jpg
Here you see the banana plugs for connecting the rockets/shells or whatever you might feel like.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/415/buttonsn.jpg
The control panel...

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7399/upperb.jpg
Another view of the control switches. The key-operated switch to the right is my personal assurance against itchy-fingered chums

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4592/circuitdiagram.png

It's all powered by a 12v battery. I am thinking of building one running on 24v or 48v, this allows me to use way longer wires.

If anyone feels like making one for themselves, I could take some photos from inside the box.

Enjoy!
Sist endret av Proper; 14. juni 2009 kl. 07:21.
Tom for megabytes
That is actually quite awesome.

What are the measurements of the box ?
Trådstarter
3 29
Height (with lid on): 6.8 inches (approx 17,5cm)
Length: 5.6 inches (approx 14,5cm)
Width: 11.5 inches (approx 30cm)

Just reply in Norwegian if you want to, i understand it. Jeg skrive til og med litt norsk.
Sist endret av Proper; 14. juni 2009 kl. 07:39.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Awesomeness...
I'm not all that into pyrotechics (about all I've made is a couple of minor KNSU smokers) but this is still awesome. Lighters and matchsticks weep in shame. I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable with LED4 being open, though - small currents are still currents, and even small currents can set off something at the wrong moment. This of course depends on exactly how sensitive and unstable the "something" is.

By the way, is that schematic from Crocodile Physics?
Trådstarter
3 29
Yeah, Crocodile Technology...

Regarding the LED4, I actually consider electrostatic charges more vulnerable than the 20mA passing through the LED... Anyhow, it's not an issue as long as the arm switch (SW3) is set off. At the moment you switch that on, there should be no dumbasses around the explosives in the first place.
Sist endret av Proper; 14. juni 2009 kl. 16:11.
Great one! What did the price end up to?
▼ ... noen måneder senere ... ▼
Ville LED4 bli tryggere med et relé etter SW4 til å styre LED4?
Trigonoceps occipita
Donor
Sitat av PAO87 Vis innlegg
Ville LED4 bli tryggere med et relé etter SW4 til å styre LED4?
Vis hele sitatet...
Nei, tvert imot. Du kan hive inn en opamp og motstand i området 1Mohm for å gjere det tryggere - da blir strømmen såpass liten at risikoen er minimal.
Hey very nice ignitor, thanks for sharing
▼ ... noen måneder senere ... ▼
Sitat av robhol Vis innlegg
Awesomeness...
I'm not all that into pyrotechics (about all I've made is a couple of minor KNSU smokers) but this is still awesome. Lighters and matchsticks weep in shame. I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable with LED4 being open, though - small currents are still currents, and even small currents can set off something at the wrong moment. This of course depends on exactly how sensitive and unstable the "something" is.

By the way, is that schematic from Crocodile Physics?
Vis hele sitatet...
If you make your own ignitors, it's not a problem... Make them with thin copper wire... The power needed to power a LED is abur 4 times lower than the lowest current able to ignite them...

Sitat av robhol Vis innlegg
I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable with LED4 being open, though - small currents are still currents, and even small currents can set off something at the wrong moment. This of course depends on exactly how sensitive and unstable the "something" is.
Vis hele sitatet...
It shouldn't be a problem... You shouldn't power up before everyone is faaaaaaaar away anyway!

Going to build one!
Very Important Pyrotechnician
Very impressive I must say!
But I prefer wireless ignition though.. It shouldn't be that much of a problem to convert your box into a wireless transmitter, but it would probably be better to construct a new one from ground up.

Then again, I don't know if it's even legal to use wireless in a professional display? Interference, reliability aso..
Sitat av Pyrotecnican Vis innlegg
If you make your own ignitors, it's not a problem... Make them with thin copper wire... The power needed to power a LED is abur 4 times lower than the lowest current able to ignite them...

It shouldn't be a problem... You shouldn't power up before everyone is faaaaaaaar away anyway!

Going to build one!
Vis hele sitatet...
Indeed, hooking up the cables to your ignition box is the last thing you do.

Nice case