Du må være registrert og logget inn for å kunne legge ut innlegg på freak.no
X
LOGG INN
... eller du kan registrere deg nå
Dette nettstedet er avhengig av annonseinntekter for å holde driften og videre utvikling igang. Vi liker ikke reklame heller, men alternativene er ikke mange. Vær snill å vurder å slå av annonseblokkering, eller å abonnere på en reklamefri utgave av nettstedet.
  0 860
Observert av folk på bakke-nivå i Bagdad og andre steder i Irak:

Kathy Kelly:

"But we know now of some of these so-called success stories and it can make you wonder what kind of perversity can be possessing the oval office and the defense planners. Some of our team members today, with Dr. April Hurley encountered a family that was just rushing into a hospital after a bomb hit the picnic lunch they were having in front of their home. At least one child was killed, two others are in uncertain condition."

Lisa Ndjeru:

"There's a lot of talk about precision. Are the Americans hitting precise targets? Are they keeping casualties to a minimum? It makes me very angry. Even if it were precision bombing, precision being that not a single civilian or home were hit, it still doesn't make this war legitimate."

Scott Kerr:

"We have all heard about 'shock and awe' but I can tell you that on the ground it feels a lot more like 'misery and terror.' For the last week people have not been working, there has been a very limited access to food, and other basic necessities. I would say that about 95 percent of the city is shut down."

Stewart Vriesinga:

"Most of the Iraqis we meet seem to remain calm in the face of bombing. They ask us, 'Why?' They ask us after each bomb, 'How many people do you think died in that one?' The question is rhetorical. We know that. We do not respond because there is really nothing to say."

Thorne Anderson:

"The trip from Baghdad was lonely and creepy . We saw burning oil pits, bombed and burned out cars on the side of the road, a couple of downed bridges, a destroyed roadside tea stand (the place we always stop on the trip to Baghdad from Amman), a destroyed ambulance abandoned down the embankment, a few routes hastily blocked with piles of rocks, etc."

The Voices in the Wilderness' Iraq Peace Team is a group of international peaceworkers remaining in Iraq through the war, in order to be a voice for the Iraqi people in the West.

Nyheter fra Iraq Peace Team tikker inn jevnlig på denne siden:
http://electroniciraq.net/news/