View Single Post
Sitat av orwlr Vis innlegg
But you have to, at some point, trust something. Spectre attacks show that not even the processors are trustworthy, so if you think somebody is after you with the resources of a nation state attacker... as Oliver aptly put it himself, "I think you should stop using computers altogether".
And that was over two years ago, when we didn't even know about these sidechannel-attacks.
Vis hele sitatet...
You do have to put your trust somewhere; the question you've missed is whether it should be put in proprietary technology or open source software. We all know open source can have problems, such as Heartbleed, but there we are able to verify a fix, and collectively learn. We are not as fortunate with proprietary soft- and hardware, as only a few people audit this, making it more a "security through obscurity" rather than giving a community of security minded people the ability to shred it to pieces.

So you've tried to make a point for security by "placing trust", but you did so at your peril, as you've asked people voicing for open software and the like, that because other propietary hardware failed as in Intel's case, we should trust you. I think I need not stress that you've made a false point in this.