View Single Post
[quote=UrbanFreak86;3884793
Jeg har dessverre ikke så store håp for det, ettersom at generasjoner med russer er indoktrinert med en slags "slave mentalitet" som nesten kan sies å være genetisk eller arvelig.[/QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from, I really do, but don't you think that it's not that simple? We've seen what happens to people who do go against the grain in Russia. It's not just an unwillingness or blind belief in the status quo — the mythical "revolt of the peasants" you're hoping for in Russia is a very naive prospect. People with actual reach and a chance to elicit change get 'disappeared', so why do you expect the average Russian person (who you clearly don't think very highly of either way) to heroically jump into the fray and slay the dragon? Anyway, the vilification of a whole people is exactly what works to stratify and weaken any sort of united front, because you know for a fact Russians are told the exact same thing about Ukrainians — even though they are much more related than they'd care to admit. Russians may be bending over for Putin and Ukraine is spreading wide for the US but their sovereignty (real sovereignty!) is dependant on not allowing the powers that be to sow the seeds of paranoia and propaganda. Unfortunately, they're very successful at this and I fear the relations will be ruined for generations to come.