View Single Post
I felleskatalogen står det jo mye rart da, dem pynter faktisk på sannheten med flere legemidler for å minke faren for misbruk.
Symptomene man får med høyere dose ligner jo veldig på stimulerende symptomer, vanskelig å sove, går ned i vekt, mister apetitten, hjertebank osv. Og når det står at det er en Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor så kan jeg ikke forstå at det ikke skal være stimulerende? det blir jo helt ulogisk jo..
Forøvrig:
Strattera is a new drug approved for treatment of ADHD in December 2002. Under the Controlled Substances Act, it is not classified as a stimulant and thus is not a controlled class two drug. It is not an amphetamine, so Lilly was able to persuade the FDA not to classify it as a controlled substance. They try to stretch this classification to say that it is not a stimulant drug, which is a deceptive use of the FDA language. FDA never said it is not stimulating.

It clearly acts as a stimulant. It has some of the side-effects of the stimulants. but seeks to avoid the "bad name" associated with amphetamines commonly used to treat ADHD. None of the studies showed that Strattera works better or has less side effects than stimulants. Like the stimulants, side effects of Strattera included poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, weight loss and upset stomach.

Until further studies have been done to show that Strattera is safer or more effective than amphetamines, you shouldn't seek a medication change.
ritalin concerta adderall attenade side effects

It is thought to be a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Norepinephrine is believed to play a role in ADHD and depression.

Side Effects of Strattera

The side effects are the same as the psychostimulant medications such as Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall etc.. Primarily they are to be appetite suppression, insomnia, increase in heart rate and blood pressure, abdominal pain, constipation, vomiting, ear infection, influenza, weight decreased, irritability, mood swings, dry mouth, nausea. Sexual side effects include impotence, erectile dysfunction, and difficult achieving an orgasm
Vis hele sitatet...
Atomoxetine is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) approved as a less stimulating treatment for ADHD in 2002 (U.S.). The precise mechanism by which it produces its therapeutic effects is unknown, but is thought to be related to its SNRI action.
Vis hele sitatet...
Men selv om det er svakt stimulerende så vil jeg si at det er null verdi å ruse seg på det, den stimulerende effekten det gir er altfor ubehagelig. I mine øyne hvertfall, og sikkert mesteparten av deres og.