View Single Post
Er ikke sikker på om du blander Drake equation med Fermi Paradox, så kjapp forklaring på begge (for de som lurer):

DRAKE EQUATION:
http://www.scienceworld.ca/sites/default/files/images/articles/Drake-Equation-def-low-res.jpg
There is considerable disagreement on the values of these parameters, but the 'educated guesses' used by Drake and his colleagues in 1961 were:

R* = 1/year (1 star formed per year, on the average over the life of the galaxy; this was regarded as conservative)
fp = 0.2-0.5 (one fifth to one half of all stars formed will have planets)
ne = 1-5 (stars with planets will have between 1 and 5 planets capable of developing life)
fl = 1 (100% of these planets will develop life)
fi = 1 (100% of which will develop intelligent life)
fc = 0.1-0.2 (10-20% of which will be able to communicate)
L = 1000-100,000,000 years (which will last somewhere between 1000 and 100,000,000 years)
Inserting the above minimum numbers into the equation gives a minimum N of 20. Inserting the maximum numbers gives a maximum of 50,000,000. Drake states that given the uncertainties, the original meeting concluded that N ≈ L, and there were probably between 1000 and 100,000,000 civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy.

FERMI PARADOX:

is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations, such as in the Drake equation, and the lack of evidence for such civilizations.

Vi slenger også med

THE GREAT FILTER:
The Great Filter theory says that at some point from pre-life to Type III intelligence (inter-solar species), there’s a wall that all or nearly all attempts at life hit. There’s some stage in that long evolutionary process that is extremely unlikely or impossible for life to get beyond.http://28oa9i1t08037ue3m1l0i861.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Great-Filter1.png

Alt dette er jævlig spennende. Det som er sykt irriterende er når folk bare finner på sine egne teorier ut av ingensteder, som "vi har ikke sett noen aliens fordi staten lurer oss". Det pisser så sykt på genier og forskere som sitter og bruker hele livet sitt på å løse disse enorme gåtene som menneskeheten har foran seg. var også derfor jeg nevnte "jorda er flat". fordi det går i samme bane, B.O.B kan se på noe, slenge en teori, og si "100 000 vis av mennesker lyver til oss". Så sitter neil degrasse tyson og klør seg i hodet fordi B.O.B har 'Leveled the playing field' med ting som ikke kan diskuteres rasjonelt. viss NOK mennesker gjør det, så kommer vi ingen vei. Da kan vi alle sitte på rævva og vente på den nye iPhonen vi ikke trenger å lage fordi staten sitter på alien technology. zzzZzzzz