View Single Post
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=i5-6600+skylake+z170-a+overclock
Dear Amd,

It is a very simple process.

You see, you run over to the overclocking section of your BIOS, and there's a little thing called your FSB. (100 MHz default) That is your first factor. So an FSB of 100MHz is 1/10 of a GHz, so that's your first factor. Now, when you overclock, it's really just mathematical. Now, on another part of the menu, there's something called a CPU core ratio, commonly known as a multiplier. That is what your FSB is multiplied BY. So, you said you wanted to overclock to 4.4 GHz, so you set the multiplier from 35 (3.5 GHz) to 44 to get 4.4 GHz (100MHz (FSB) x 44 (Multiplier) = 4400 MHz = 4.4 GHz (final overclocking speed), also, on the same panel, there should be something that says CPU Voltage, or something along the lines. Make sure to set that to 1.3V, or whatever voltage that makes your overclock stable. (I said 1.3V because that's what most people do to get it stable, but hey, everyone's chip isn't the same. Yours could be different.) Also, make sure you have a good cooler, (check!) and enough room in your power supply to handle it. (I guess check!). Also, make sure your temperatures stay nice and cool. Temperatures like 40C or 30C are considered cool which is ensured safe, but if your in the 50s or 60s, that's average are pretty safe temperatures for overclocking. Don't forget to use stress test programs and other stuff to make sure you have a stable and well overclock.

That's about all you need to know. Hope this is helpful.
Vis hele sitatet...