View Single Post
Da jeg liker å lese mer enn jeg liker å se reklame eller klikke "liker" på forskjellig møl, kom jeg tilfeldigvis over denne saken: How technology literally changes our brains.

Som utdrag:
In 1964, the Canadian philosopher Marshall McLuhan published his opus Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man. In it he writes, “In the long run, a medium’s content matters less than the medium itself in influencing how we think and act.” Or, put more simply: “Media work their magic, or their mischief, on the nervous system itself.”

This idea that the media technologies we rely on reshape us on a fundamental, cognitive level sits at the center of Nicholas Carr’s 2010 book The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains. A world defined by oral traditions is more social, unstructured, and multisensory; a world defined by the written word is more individualistic, disciplined, and hypervisual. A world defined by texting, scrolling, and social feedback is addicted to stimulus, constantly forming and affirming expressions of identity, accustomed to waves of information.
Vis hele sitatet...
Interessant, og ser frem til å lese den i sammenheng med Robopaths: People as Machines, som handler om:
The robopaths are the people who pull the triggers at My Lai, Kent State, and Attica, make policy in Washington, and live next door. Dehumanized by regimentation, bureaucratization, and indiscriminate violence, they are growing more numerous in today's society. In this searing book, Lewis Yablonsky sees them as the outcome of the struggle between humanity and its technological servants-whether computers, automobiles, or H-bombs.
Vis hele sitatet...
Forøvrig en bok som nå snart er et halvt århundre gammelt.

Bottom line: "Ytringsfrihet" er ikke det endeløse skvalderet man finner på sosiale medier eller annet syv grader av innflytelse borte fra makt-utøvere i samfunnet, like lite som det å skrike i skogen er i nærheten av det samme som å snakke med kongen over en bedre middag.