Tråd: kadafi zaman
View Single Post
Sitat av Bankmann1 Vis innlegg
Mitt poeng var bare det fattige språket til dagens journalister. De får jo ‘sjokk’ annenhver dag blant annet. Igjen, fyren har alle lemmer intakt, og jeg tviler på han får varige mén av dette. Opplevelser er subjektive, men om dette var et ‘helvete’ hva var feks utøya osv da? Jeg er ikke krenket, og jeg synes fyren egentlig gjør en grei jobb. Men jeg stiller spørsmål til hans valg av ord, noe som bør være lov.
Vis hele sitatet...
Hva er Utøya i forhold til 10 år ved Guantanamo? Hva er 10 år ved Guantanamo i forhold til 5 år i Auschwitz? Vi kan kontinuerlig finne verre situasjoner om poenget er å nekte folk å bruke "helvete" om egne erfaringer. Å sitte i uvissthet mens folk rundt deg blir torturert og du ikke vet om du er neste, kanskje han til og med ble torturert - skal vi virkelig nekte noen å kalle det "helvete"? Tortur er ganske vanlig i pakistanske fengsler, og jeg kan tenke meg at å høre på andre få utført det som er beskrevet under... Fint kan gjøre at du tar rennafart og driter i hva andre mener om ditt ordforråd og bruker enkle ord som "helvete" eller "verste jeg har opplevd". Det er en beskrivelse av et traume ikke en fuckings skildringskonkurranse.

Torture techniques inflicted on victims such as Naheem and Rehan include falaka (foot whipping with a rod or cane), the pulling out of fingernails with pliers, the rubbing of hot chillies in eyes, endless beatings with sticks, and an excruciating practice called strapado, where the victim is hung by the wrists from the ceiling until the shoulders dislocate. The abuse is often so severe that police tire in their duties of kicking and beating detainees and are rotated, allowing them to recoup their lost strength. Each policeman comes armed with sticks, broom handles or bamboo canes.

Unfortunately, most instances of torture are not reported. Police abuse appears to be so common in Pakistan that it has been accepted as the norm, even though Pakistan has formally pledged to end these practices by signing the UN Convention Against Torture and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Save for the occasional news story, many people outside the British Pakistani community show little interest in these issues. Some people with closer connections to Pakistan may feel resigned to the fact that it has been like this for years and is unlikely to change any time soon. However, it does not have to be like this.
Vis hele sitatet...
The Guardian

The mandate of military courts to try civilian “terrorism” suspects was extended for a further two years. Reports continued that security forces were involved in human rights violations, including torture and other ill-treatment, arbitrary detention, extrajudicial executions and enforced disappearances. Impunity remained in the absence of independent, impartial mechanisms to investigate and bring perpetrators to justice. While the number of attacks by armed groups fell in 2017, scores of people died in bombings that targeted the security forces, religious minorities and others.
Vis hele sitatet...
Amnesty om tortur og situasjonen rundt valget
Sist endret av Xasma; 16. juli 2018 kl. 16:27.