View Single Post
Sitat av dashcam Vis innlegg
If we're talking only about Norway then you have a point, but global cases exist and are well documented. I think the victims of the edge cases you speak of wouldn't appreciate being hand waved away to appease an ideological dogma.

I don't hate trans people, I don't agree with some in this thread that say they're all sick in the head, and I agree that they should thrive and have the care they need including while incarcerated. I just think society at this point in time does not have the capacity to handle the new gender discourse. We have to be realistic about how we discuss these issues, rather than emotive. I don't mean to sound like Ben Shapiro with his 'facts don't care about your feelings' schtick, but in some cases the bleeding heart narrative only does a discussion harm. I don’t view all trans people as a homogenous group, they’re not all victims or all predators, but there are victims and predators in the group, and we have to understand that. Maybe a case-by-case review?

I also agree with what you say regarding men using women as a human shield in these discussions, bringing their safety and wellbeing in only when it benefits their point. On the other hand, when a woman herself brings up her concerns she should be listened to, because let's be honest here, a transman is not as much of a 'danger' for cis-men as a transwoman is to cis-women and children. Once again you'll say 'trans people are much more likely to be the victims rather than the perpetrators of violence!' but that is statistically not true when it comes to sex-based crimes, and I'm not equipped enough to speak on why that may be.

And circling back, yes it's not happening in Norway yet because the population is miniscule comparatively - and Norwegian prison conditions are rather humane (like I said, can of worms). But that is exactly why the conversation must be had (clearly not on freak, don't know what I was thinking tbh), because it's absurd to think similar things won't happen here - and every prisoner should have their basic rights met. Yes, that includes trans prisoners.
Vis hele sitatet...
Hvorfor skriver du på engelsk