Du må være registrert og logget inn for å kunne legge ut innlegg på freak.no
X
LOGG INN
... eller du kan registrere deg nå
Dette nettstedet er avhengig av annonseinntekter for å holde driften og videre utvikling igang. Vi liker ikke reklame heller, men alternativene er ikke mange. Vær snill å vurder å slå av annonseblokkering, eller å abonnere på en reklamefri utgave av nettstedet.
  11 4769
Hope I'm not doing a crime posting in English - I can't speak Norwegian (or Swedish for that matter). Although I would like to learn, but I'm more of a hands-on learner, so I would have to talk to someone a Scandinavian who I see as worthwhile.

Not too long ago I had the opportunity to talk to quite a few Scandinavians, but particularly two people stood out, they looked as Scandinavian as it gets. They were the first people I've met in my over 20 years of life to whom I could relate to on some 'deeper' level. Unfortunately I'm not in contact with them anymore (they have families and I'm not in Scandinavia, so they of course prefer 'real' people). Of course it could've been a coincidence, but they were the only people I related to, so I'm sticking with this.

Anyway, I'm here to ask for advice on where I can try to meet more Scandinavians (especially Norwegians). My main focus is a girlfriend because that's the best friendship you can get in my opinion, but of course I would like to meet some others as well. Perhaps they would even eventually help me to meet a girlfriend as well in some way that they might not even notice themselves.

So if you would, where would you recommend me to look for such people online? Oh, and since a lot of people aren't too friendly to middle-eastern foreigners (not surprisingly), I am European and I am as whiter than 'true' Scandinavians.

The 'common' dating and chatting sites don't seem to work well. Probably because the chatting sites are overpopulated by Southeastern Asians and dating sites by Americans (and if I was in Scandinavia, I would probably not have even needed to go on such sites in the first place).

So yea, this is a weird request, so... Yea. Haha.
Hey, and welcome.

You could try out dating-apps, which locates people nearby.
Shouldnt be too hard meeting people through tinder or something atleast.
Trådstarter
2 0
Sitat av sodin Vis innlegg
Hey, and welcome.

You could try out dating-apps, which locates people nearby.
Shouldnt be too hard meeting people through tinder or something atleast.
Vis hele sitatet...
I'm not from Scandinavia and can't afford to live there now. I actually thought of doing something like this (posting on a forum) because I was being paired with people from this country today on a chatting site. I noticed that when I was elsewhere as well - they give very strong priority for people from where you are connecting from.

But that's not important. Point is, locating people nearby doesn't work unless I'm in Scandinavia...
Sitat av norvguy Vis innlegg
lot of people aren't too friendly to middle-eastern foreigners (not surprisingly), I am European and I am as whiter than 'true' Scandinavians
Vis hele sitatet...
Some of us aren't too friendly about lowbrow xenophobia on this forum either...

So if you would, where would you recommend me to look for such people online?
Vis hele sitatet...
Tinder. Get the paid version (Tinder Plus). This will allow you to search locally anywhere in the world.

And stop telling people on the internet how white you are.
I'm not sure I understand this... you are searching for someone, a girl, to bond with on a deeper level - and your main criteria is that she is scandinavian? How deep is that, really?

Perhaps you'd want to narrow down your search a little... what was it about these two people that made you connect? Except that they looked "as scandinavian as it gets"? Try to figure out what it was about them that made you feel that way, and search for that.

By all means, welcome to Norway, but if your angle at this is "I want a scandinavian girlfriend", I'm afraid you don't exactly come off as the spiritual bonding kind of guy.
Sist endret av entropi; 8. juni 2016 kl. 01:37.
I'm not from Scandinavia and can't afford to live there now.
Vis hele sitatet...
this will be your main problem, you should at least take the tour with some friends or whatever before your future girlfriend comes along.
connecting trough dating apps isnt very deep isit? and no one likes long distance relationships anyway.

how old are you?
You could try Badoo.com. Perhaps Facebook?

Sitat av Marori Vis innlegg
Some of us aren't too friendly about lowbrow xenophobia on this forum either...

And stop telling people on the internet how white you are.
Vis hele sitatet...
You are making up problems. Please stop telling other people what they can say or write. If you feel that rules have been broken, tell the moderators, but even though I can't speak for them, I'm pretty sure that they won't find any xenophobia in this thread.
Sist endret av caperno; 8. juni 2016 kl. 09:27.
Sitat av caperno Vis innlegg
You are making up problems. Please stop telling other people what they can say or write. If you feel that rules have been broken, tell the moderators, but even though I can't speak for them, I'm pretty sure that they won't find any xenophobia in this thread.
Vis hele sitatet...
He's not reporting violation of rules, but giving advice on how to not seem like an idiot when trying to meet new people. I'd say it's relevant and good advice. Despite the general tone in a lot of online comment sections, I'm sure most Norwegians give zero fucks how white your skin is. In fact, most of us are desperately trying to work up a decent tan these days☺
OK, folks.
1) It is utterly supererogatory to profylactically clarify skin colour.
2) We shall adjourn the witchracist burning untill incontrovertible evidence of said flaw emerges.
And now that everyone has acceded this point on the agenda, do carry on with assisting Mr Norvguy in finding a norwegian girlfriend.
Sist endret av Myoxocephalus; 8. juni 2016 kl. 13:19.
You should save up for a trip to Norway, maybe go to school here. Get a scholarship. Its a lot easier to meet people through common means
Jeez guys we get it, no need to beat a dead horse here. The moderators keep deleting the posts that bring nothing new to the table.

norvguy: you write that money is an issue, so.
https://www.couchsurfing.com is a pretty good site for backpackers and travelers on a budget. I would highly recommend you to see the world and it is possible for a low cost (that site is free). The site also has a bunch of topics for travelers looking to meet local people. (Although NOT for dating, it will still get you in to the Norwegian culture) me and a few friends have several times hosted through it. People would come sleep on our couch for free, and we'd take them out on the city to see the nightlife.

https://no.match.com
https://www.moteplassen.com
https://sukker.no/
http://www.c-date.no/
http://nakenprat.com/ (why not?)
(Moderator, if any of these are against the rules, just remove them instead of deleting the whole reply)

Most of these sites are in Norwegian, so I guess google translate is in order.

As I also pointed out Tinder is a very popular dating app in Norway, and by paying for it, (the plus version) it will allow you to easily see local girls from Oslo, Bergen, etc. Tokyo for that matter.

If you really just want to talk to Norwegians, then this forum is pretty nice too, and they meet up in the park or the local bar every once in a while in Oslo.

Good luck.
If you're a little handy, it's also possible to do volunteer work for food and housing, typically at farms and such. Check out pages like helpx.net and workaway.info. That way you get to spend some time in Norway and get to know the culture and some language.
Sist endret av entropi; 9. juni 2016 kl. 22:19.